Menu

MoonwolfMoonwolf GamingBloggerFacebookMyspaceTwitterFriendFeedYouTubeFlickrMeetupLinkedinChange.orgYahoo!AIMRaptrXfireSteamGames for Windows LivePogo.comGirlGamerJ!NXEmail

Monday, March 28, 2011

3DS Release...

Well, first off I find it strange that it was released on a Sunday. However, everything, everywhere from Nintendo to IGN to Gamespot to Gamestop all say March 27, 2011. All consoles and games slated for release say available on all online stores. However, haven't seen or heard anything about it other than that. Far as I can tell no one I know rushed out and bought it. And they call themselves gamers! I wanted to, and had it preordered, but realized financially it made more sense to cancel preorder then order it on the 1st and probably get it by the 4th. So another week for me.

Few noteworthy things. A lot of the games that are or were released at time of launch seem to not be available online. For example, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clones Ward 3DS says not available online but "may be available in store." Few others as well. I'm wondering if they didn't get shipped out of Japan in time due to the disasters.

Strangest thing I've heard about 3DS from the unboxing and hands-on reviews by various game sites and fans online would be the pedometer. It has a built in pedometer than counts how many steps you've taken, uploads it to your club nintendo profile via wi-fi and awards you with points that you can then use to buy downloadable gameboy games or in-game items for 3DS games. That struck me as fairly odd.

Not much else to say for now. Can't get mine soon enough! Very excited. My Nintendo page on my site is up and running, but very, very limited info, subpages, etc. Just wanted to get the page fixed up and working for the release. Currently the only subpage is for The World Ends With You. Mostly because I like the music and I just finished teaching myself how to make, adjust, and add a flash music player to my webpages. Etrian Odyssey will "probably" be next, plus a new game listing page with rankings, the old one is obsolete and impossible to update the way I wrote it years ago. I have learned much since then.

For now, I wait with anticipation for April, to get my 3DS and for PORTAL 2! Finally! We get to think with portals again! And... cake??? Will there be cake??? There's cake when we win right??? I heard there's cake! Rumor has it that it's delicious and moist...